Creating Youth Led Theatre
Friday 4th December, 10.00am – 4.00pm
Led by Marie Vickers and Adam Annand
London Bubble’s Young Theatre Makers create relevant and engaging theatre for young people. The theme and content are decided through a series of consultation workshops where our young leaders ask their peers what We Need To Act On?
Join us for a practical training day as we share tips and tools on creating youth led theatre. During the day you will;
• Be introduced to the We Need To Act On process and have the opportunity to develop your own example
• Gain a tool kit of techniques for engaging ‘hard to reach’ young people inspired by Forum Theatre techniques
• Watch the latest We Need To Act On performance by Young Theatre Makers
• Learn how to empower the young people you work with, see them embrace responsibility and inspire their contemporaries
• Hear about our Young Theatre Makers’ experience of devising and delivering theatre using these techniques
This training day has been specifically designed for youth workers, teachers, theatre practitioners, health workers, school support staff and students.
“As a teacher, I always struggle with how to teach Forum Theatre to my students – London Bubble is the answer! They recently came to our school with We Need To Act On... and I could see that my students were immediately engaged with the performance, it was dynamic, fast-paced with emphasis on subject matter that would relate to our students." - Laura Murtagh, Head of Performing Arts at St Michael’s Catholic College
About the facilitators:
Marie Vickers is Project Leader of London Bubble’s Young Theatre Makers programme. Marie has been making theatre with vulnerable and hard to reach young people for 10 years and has developed the We Need To Act On process.
Adam Annand is London Bubble’s Associate Director, Creative Learning. Adam is a highly experienced creative practitioner with over 25 years of experience of making theatre with, by and for children and young people.
Date: Friday 4th December 2015
Time: 10.00am to 4.00pm Venue: London Bubble Theatre, 3-5 Elephant Lane, SE16 4JD
Cost: £45.00 per person (please bring a packed-lunch. Refreshments will be provided.)
Book your place here. Closing date for applications is Friday 27th November.
If you have any questions or would like further information please contact Marie on:
0207 237 4434