As many as 50% of children starting in primary schools in areas of social disadvantage will have a speech, language and communication need and recent studies suggest that figure is rising.
The good news is that theatre makers and creative practitioners are uniquely skilled to make a positive difference to these children’s lives. Our ambition is to connect tens of thousands of children across the country with a carefully designed drama intervention that can help. By supporting theatre makers to partner with schools we want to ensure that our knowledge of communication development can reach as many children as possible.
Speech Bubbles now has a proven track record both in terms of its impact on the children it works with, and the income it is able to generate from schools, funders and local authorities. Working with the International Centre for Social Franchising we’ve developed a franchise model that will support other theatre companies to deliver Speech Bubbles in schools local to them. This academic year Speech Bubbles is being delivered by 7 theatre companies in 44 schools.
Speech Bubbles Franchisees:
- Are part of a movement that makes a huge difference to children’s lives.
- Benefit from the practical lessons London Bubble have learned over ten years of refining and implementing this programme.
- Share best practice with others who recognise the importance of communication and drama in bringing about social change.
- Access continuing support, training, supervision and resources to help as they grow.
- Benefit from highly credible research, backed by data collected across the whole country.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about becoming a Speech Bubbles partner. Or find out more about Social Franchising here.
Current Speech Bubbles Franchisees:
Return to project home page