London Bubble
London BubbleVote for speech bubbles to win £10k

Speech Bubbles, Creative Theatre In Schools

10:04 Saturday 25 October 2014 by Adam
Information meetings
We have information meetings in Canterbury, Leeds, Birmingham and London set up for the social franchise, e mail me for more details adam@londonbubble.org.uk
14:06 Monday 20 October 2014 by Adam
Speech bubbles
We have just launched a social franchise package that will support other theatre companies to deliver Speech Bubbles in schools local to them with the support of London Bubble. We have had some very interesting enquiries from a whole range of people to take the project all over the country. If you think you know somebody who might be interested then please send them this link www.speechbubbles.org.uk
14:06 Monday 20 October 2014 by Adam
Speech bubbles
We have just launched a social franchise package that will support other theatre companies to deliver Speech Bubbles in schools local to them with the support of London Bubble. We have had some very interesting enquiries from a whole range of people to take the project all over the country. If you think you know somebody who might be interested then please send them this link www.speechbubbles.org.uk
16:11 Tuesday 29 July 2014 by Adam
Speech Bubbles
We now have 14 schools in Southwark, Lewisham and Greenwich to take part in Speech Bubbles from Sept. Our wonderful partner organisations will be working in a further 14 schools around the country...thats about 580 children with a communication need telling stories and acting them out every week
20:27 Monday 16 June 2014 by Adam
Research and training
Speech Bubbles continues to go from strength to strength, we have just received validation from project oracle recognising the quality of our research and next year we will have certified the Continued Professional Development aspect of the project so that all school staff and drama practitioners who run the project receive accredited training hours. Meanwhile in schools the children tell wonderful stories and develop their creative communication, in my recent visits I have seen stories with abominable snowmen, sabre tooth tigers, strong princesses and some wonderful super heroes.
20:14 Friday 15 November 2013 by Adam
Sp
Partnerships, partnerships, partnerships, we have 6 partner companies working on speech bubbles with us, M6 theatre, Peoplescape, Oldham Theatre Workshop, Half Moon YPT, Immediate theatre and next year we are joined by Face Front inclusive theatre. The focus is on theatre for wellbeing, theatre for communication, theatre for connection and the joy that those things bring.
16:10 Friday 16 August 2013 by Adam
Childrens centres
More news to follow, but I thought it was worth putting on here that we have been commissioned to create a programme of creative work based on the Speech Bubbles model for childrens centres in Rotherhithe and Bermondsey in teh autumn and spring terms.
17:12 Tuesday 25 June 2013 by Adam
Speech Bubbles
Coming to the end of another year of Speech Bubbles in Southwark and Lewisham schools. Just today I said goodbye to a wonderful group of children at Grange primary school that I have been working with all year. As I left school I passed one of the participants who was walking withe her dad, she said hello and I stopped for a quick chat. The dad, who had previously attended Speech Bubbles parents sessions, started to tell me how his daughter, aged 7, was now running a Speech bubbles group at home for him and his friends, she led them through all the games, the acting out of stories and the closing activities. The project is now reaching out from the Bubble and is also being delivered in Tower Hamlets by Half Moon YPT and in Hackney by Immediate theatre. From september we launch in Manchester with M6 theatre, Oldham Theatre Workshop, and Peoplescape Theatre.
10:15 Thursday 04 October 2012 by Adam
New term
Nearly 300 children starting in Speech Bubbles this week! In 4 London Boroughs. Delivered by 3 theatre companies. With approximately 20 school staff involved. Led by 10 drama practitioners.
16:47 Monday 01 October 2012 by Adam
Speech Bubbles grows
We are now working with other theatre companies to extend the reach of the Speech bubbles project. Half Moon YPT are working in 2 schools in Tower Hamlets. Immediate theatre are working in 1 school in Hackney and next year M6 Theatre and Oldham Theatre workshop will be running the project in the North West. Keep an eye on the Speech bubbles pages of the website to keep up to date with developments.

Quick Reply

Name:
Subject:

All contributions will be suject to approval